Welcome to our upload guide! Looks short, doesn't it? We can assure you that you don't need a 100-page manual to get started with us. This is all you need to know!
1. Preparing files
We strive to offer only the best images to our customers, therefore our standards are very high. Before uploading your work make sure you take the time to do proper post-processing if necessary. Here's the before upload checklist:
- Skip files that are blurry and noisy
- Adjust brightness, contracts, levels and curves
- Rotate and crop unnecessary and distracting parts
- Remove copyrighted and trademarked content, logos, license plates, etc.
- Take a good look at the photo at 100% to see if the editing is clean
- Embed keywords and titles in the files in your favourite editing software
- Make sure you have all the necessary releases ready
- Rasterize or render your work and save it in a high quality, high resolution JPEG file.
- Prepare the vector file by closing all paths, converting all text to outlines and deleting unwanted objects
- Make sure you don't use any material you didn't create or have no right to use (fonts, brushes)
- Make sure you have all the necessary releases ready (for rasterized portraits etc.)
- Save your artwork as an Illustrator 8 / 10 EPS file
- If you want to add extra formats (AI, AI EPS, CDR, PSD), pack them all together in one ZIP file
- Create a high resolution (up to XXL) rasterized version in JPEG format
- Make sure the JPEG file has the same name as the vector version. For example for my_file_1.jpg one of the following can be used: my_file_1.zip, my_file_1.eps.zip or my_file_1.eps
- Upload both files together
2. Uploading and Editing
Just like everything else, we also wanted to make uploading files easy here on Stockfresh. You can either use our simple browser uploader (also capable of selecting multiple files) or the FTP software of your choice, both are very convenient. You can find more information on accessing our FTP server on the Upload
page. We enforce a daily upload limit to give everyone chance to submit their images. This limit is only enforced during import, you can have as many files on the FTP as you like.
All files arrive in your FTP folder on our server, including browser uploads. When you are ready, simply click the Import button and your files will appear on your image management page called My images
. By default your files end up in folders based on the date they were uploaded, but you can organize them however you like. These folders are only visible to you, and you can get rid of them if you don't need them. When you delete your folders, their contents are moved to the Home folder, which is the root of all folders.
You can add titles, keywords, descriptions, releases to one or more files at the same time by ticking their checkboxes and filling out the Bulk editor form on the left. If you have IPTC metadata embedded in your files, you can skip this part because the site automatically reads it. Model and property releases can also be attached to files with the Bulk editor. You can attach releases to an entire folder on the Releases
page. If you have trouble submitting the editor because it follows you, click on the small pin above the box and it will stay in one place. » More info on releases
Once you're done with editing, our administrator team will review the images. You have 72 hours to add all the necessary information and releases, otherwise your files will be rejected. Reviews may take up to 3 days. The search cache is updated once every day at around 4AM CET, so approved files go online the next day. Rejected files can be reviewed again upon request if the problems are fixed. Rejection reasons can be found under the red status indicator corresponding each file. Please e-mail Customer support
with review requests.
To maximize your earnings potential, we encourage you to use the Image Series feature of the site. You can link images that belong together (eg. they are from the same shoot) on the My images page and these images will also be displayed on the image preview pages. We strongly recommend using this feature. It's very easy, you just have to tick the images you like, select Link images in the Edit box and click Apply.
For your convenience, we also accept files on DVDs and hard disks in certain cases, but we prefer mass FTP uploads. Please contact us
if you have a large number of files with embedded metadata and you want to leave uploading to us. Please note that we can't guarantee that all the files will be added, this depends on many factors including the quality of keywords.
The upload process
- Upload files to our server via the browser or using FTP.
- When you're ready, Import the files to My images, our image management tool.
- Add / edit metadata using the Bulk editor OR Edit in place (by clicking on titles, descriptions and keywords directly) as soon as possible, but no later than 72 hours.
- Once you add metadata, your files will be checked by the review team automatically.
- Approved files go online the next day. The search cache is updated once every day.
- Rejected files may be reviewed again if the problems are fixed. To do this contact Customer support.
- Add titles, descriptions and keywords to each file. They are all mandatory. IPTC metadata is parsed automatically. Make sure everything's correct.
- Attach necessary releases. Upload new ones on the Releases page. You can also use that page to attach releases to an entire folder.
- In case of rasterized graphics, make sure you select "Graphics" as image type. No need to do anything if you upload photos and vector graphics.
- Optional: For more exposure link similar images together. This is a good way to show related images on the preview pages.
3. Images we're looking for
We are often asked what kind of images we need. It's not really about what we want, it's more important what customers want. As a general rule of thumb you should create images that are in demand and avoid subjects that generate little or no interest. The most popular images are always fresh, stylish, interesting and useful at the same time and they are taken by people who think with the mind of the customer.
Although we want to build a diverse portfolio on Stockfresh, please avoid vacation-like shots, anything life-less and random, very basic studio images and photos of not widely known landmarks and buildings. As for graphics, please do not upload images that require very little effort to create, such as fractals, renderings of default objects in 3D software, simple headlines typed with free fonts and such.
For inspiration you can visit our Most popular images
4. Sizing and pricing
Minimum upload resolution: 1600x1200 (around 2 megapixels). Minimum upload file size: Not specified.
Maximum upload resolution: Not specified. Maximum upload file size: approx. 25mb.
Photos, rasterized graphics and rasterized versions of vectors will be available for download in the sizes listed in the first table, provided that they reach that particular category in size. Prices are based on these download sizes. Vector prices are the same for all files. Extended licenses are available for all images. Terms of these licenses can be found here
Photos and graphics
|0.1 megapixels||SUB / 1 credits|
|0.5 megapixels||SUB / 2 credits|
|2 megapixels||SUB / 3 credits|
|6 megapixels||5 credits|
|12 megapixels||8 credits|
|20 megapixels||15 credits|
|All files||10 credits|
|Extended / Multi-seat||25 credits|
|Extended / Physical resale||50 credits|
|Extended / Digital resale||50 credits|
|Extended / Print||50 credits|